50 Vintage Photos Of People Having The Best Time At The Beach:
Let’s take you back in the 1900s with these 50 vintage photographs of people loving the sun, sea, and sand. Because, sometimes, life’s a beach!
1. Ostend, Belgium, 1911.
2. Relaxing in the shallow beach water on Paris Plage, 1913.
3. Two of Mack Sennett’s ‘Bathing Belles’ on the beach, 1915.
4. Southend-on-Sea, Essex, 1919.
5. Collecting seaweed on the beach, Aberystwyth, Cardiganshire, 1916.
6. Women bathing on the beach at Southend-on-Sea, Essex, 1919.
7. These young girls are about to have a cigarette, Brighton beach, 1910.
8. Atlantic City, N.J., 1890.
9. A postcard of two bathing ladies posing beside a bathing hut on the beach, 1902.
10. A beach photographer taking a photo of a crowd, 1912.
11. Preparing for a day on the beach, 1900.
12. Adjusting the beach hat, 1912.
13. A woman on a beach in N.J., 1913.
14. Bathing suits hung out to dry, 1900.
15. Mildred June, one of Mack Sennett’s bathing ladies poses for the photographers, 1918.
16. A bathing machine attendant fetches water from the sea to wash the sand from the bathers’ feet, 1909.
17. Children smile for beach photo, Clacton in Essex, England, 1912.
18. Bathers dance hand in hand at a Plymouth beach, Devon, England, 1921.
19. Life guards practicing on Bondi Beach, Sydney, 1929.
20. Piggy back race on the beach at Shanklin, Isle Of Wight, 1928.
21. Plymouth shore, Devon, 1921.
22. Actress Joan Crawford playing mock footbal on the beach with co-star Dorothy Sebastian, 1927.
23. Russian composer Irving Berlin relaxes on the sand with novelist and scriptwriter Anita Loos and Arthur Somers Roche, Palm Beach, 1926.
24. Viking Bay, Broadstairs, the Isle of Thanet, 1927.
25. A girl on a blow up beach ball waves to her friend, 1922.
26. Actress Viola Dana on the beach, 1924.
27. Taking photos, 1900.
28. A professional photographer make use of a ladder to keep her camera steady and out of the waves, 1924.
29. American actress Bebe Daniels and actor Ben Lyon at their beach home in California, 1929.
30. Beach goers having fun in Canvey Island, Essex, 1922.
31. Going for an early morning dip at Bognor, 1929.
32. Members of the Brighton Swimming Club at the beach, 1925.
33. U.S. swimmer Lillian Cannon (left) wishes Gertrude Ederle good luck. Ederle was to start her historic swim on Aug. 6, 1926 in Cape Griz-Nez, France, 1926.
34. Natalie Kingston on the beach with her dog, 1924.
35. Actress Julia Faye with Dorothy Egan relaxing on the beach, 1927.
36. Shanklin, Isle of Wight, 1929.
37. Mother and child at Clacton, 1924.
38. Women having the best beach day at Clacton, in Essex, England, 1932.
39. Playing ball on the beach at Eastbourne, England, 1939.
40. Riding donkeys on the beach at Blackpool, England, 1936.
41. New Jersey vacationers wave farewell to a passing airplane, 1933.
42. Two girls in swimsuit heads out to the sea while carrying their canoe on their heads, 1938.
43. Children pose for a photo op on the lawn of a seafront Hotel, Birchington, Kent, 1935.
44. Girls playing beach cricket at Clacton, Essex, 1933.
45. A woman playfully swings a child on the beach, Bridlington, Humberside, England, 1936.
46. A woman carrying an inflatable fish, 1935.
47. The Eight Step Sisters rehearse on the beach during their season at Worthing, Sussex, England, 1934.
48. Brighton seaside resort, East Sussex, 1930.
49. Beach billiards in Oregon, 1938.
50. Actor Richard Greene dries himself up after a quick swim in Palm Springs, 1938.