This video tutorial shows Zentyal Server 5.0 Installation, Configuration and Overview on Oracle VirtualBox step by step. This tutorial is also helpful to install Zentyal Server 5.0 on physical computer or server hardware. We also install Guest Additions on Zentyal Server for better performance and usability features: Automatic Resizing Guest Display, Shared Folder, Seamless Mode and Shared Clipboard, Improved Performance and Drag and Drop.
1- Create Virtual Machine on Oracle VirtualBox
2- Start Zentyal Server 5.0 Installation
3- Install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Zentyal Server 5.0
4- Test Guest Additions Features: Automatic Resizing Guest Display and Shared Clipboard
5- Installing Additional Server Roles: Domain Controller and File Sharing, DNS Server and DHCP Server
6- Zentyal Server 5.0 Initial Configuration via Web GUI
7- Create Organizational Unit, New User and Group
8- Create, Configure and Test CIFS/SMB Shared Folder
9- Configure DHCP Server on Zentyal Server
10- Zentyal Server 5.0 Overview
Zentyal Server 5.0 New Features and Improvements
Zentyal Server is a unified network server that offers easy and efficient computer network administration for small and medium-size businesses. Zentyal Server incorporates all the network services required in a small and medium business environment, most importantly the first-ever native Microsoft Active Directory implementation on Linux that is easy to use. These functionalities are tightly integrated, automating most tasks, avoiding mistakes and saving time for system administrators. Zentyal Server 5.0 is based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and it comes with the latest versions of all the integrated software. New features and improvements include:
- Latest released version of Samba directly from upstream, without any custom patch by Zentyal
- Comes with all the fixes in the Samba project since Samba 4.3, which are many, specially on the replication code
- The Zentyal integration code has been rewritten to no longer need the custom patches, this will result in more stability and maintainability, getting newer versions quicker
- NSS/PAM is now managed with winbind instead of sssd, which is the recommended way
- New UI using modern web technologies with improved look&feel, visual effects and usability
- Lots of fixes and improvements on ActiveSync implementation
- New HTTP Proxy module
Linux Small Business Server Website: http://www.zentyal.org/
Download Zentyal Server 5.0 ISO: http://www.zentyal.org/server/
Zentyal Server 5.0 Minimum System Requirements
- Zentyal runs on standard x86_64 (64-bit) hardware. However, you must ensure that Ubuntu Xenial 16.04 LTS (kernel 4.4) supports the hardware you are going to use.
- The Zentyal server hardware requirements depend on the modules you install, how many users will use the services and what their usage patterns are.
- Some modules have low resource requirements, like Firewall, DHCP or DNS. Others, like Mailfilter or Antivirus need more RAM memory and CPU. Proxy and File sharing modules benefit from faster disks due their intensive I/O usage.
- A RAID setup gives a higher level of security against hard disk failures and increased speed on read operations.
- If you use Zentyal as a gateway or firewall, you will need at least two network cards, but if you use it as a standalone server, one network card is enough.
Hope you found it informative and useful. Any questions or comments are welcomed.
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THE CHANNEL
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SysAdminsHowto/
Linux Video Tutorials: https://linux-video-tutorials.blogspot.com/
Zentyal Server 5.0 Installation and Overview on VirtualBox Video: https://youtu.be/DubcB4gNs3s