This video tutorial shows Lubuntu 17.10 installation on Oracle VirtualBox step by step. This tutorial is also helpful to install Lubuntu 17.10 on physical computer or laptop hardware. We also install Guest Additions on Lubuntu for better performance and usability features: Automatic Resizing Guest Display, Shared Folder, Seamless Mode and Shared Clipboard, Improved Performance and Drag and Drop.
1- Create Virtual Machine on Oracle VirtualBox
2- Start Lubuntu 17.10 Installation
3- Install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Lubuntu
4- Test Guest Additions Features: Automatic Resizing Guest Display and Shared Clipboard
Lubuntu 17.10 New Features and Improvements
Lubuntu is a fast, lightweight and energy-saving variant of Ubuntu using the LXDE (Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment) desktop. It is intended to have low-resource system requirements and is designed primarily for netbooks, mobile devices and older PCs. Lubuntu 17.10 is based on Ubuntu 17.10 and It comes with these new features and updates:
- Linux Kernel 4.13
- General bug fix release as we prepare to switch to LXQt
- LXDE components have been updated with bug fixes
- The artwork has received an update
- The latest release of Audacious, 3.9, is included by default
- Hardinfo has been updated to the latest upstream snapshot
Lubuntu Website: http://lubuntu.me/
Download Lubuntu 17.10 ISO: http://lubuntu.me/downloads/
Lubuntu 17.10 Desktop Minimum System Requirements
Lubuntu is a good operating system for many old computers, but not for all of them. Some computers have too little horsepower or memory. A rule of thumb is that the computer should not be more than 10 years old.
- For advanced internet services like Google+, YouTube, Google Drive, and Facebook, your computer needs at least 1 GB of RAM.
- For local programs like LibreOffice and simple browsing habits, your computer needs at least 512 MB of RAM.
- The minimum specification for CPU is Pentium 4 or Pentium M or AMD K8. Older processors are too slow and the AMD K7 has problems with Flash video.
Hope you found it informative and useful. Any questions or comments are welcomed.
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THE CHANNEL
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SysAdminsHowto/
Linux Video Tutorials: https://linux-video-tutorials.blogspot.com/
Lubuntu 17.10 Installation on VirtualBox Video: https://youtu.be/kF_4X7YrNnM